How to use Pyrolist
Pyrolist is the only service of this type for the pyrolysis industry!
Pyrolist has been created to be as intuitive as possible, polyvalent for the pyrolysis industry covering a wide range of products and services (we also welcome products from torrefaction and gasification), to connect most industries, institutions and organisations together on a common subject: pyrolysis. All this, at a super competitive price compared to most websites offered for other types of industries.
Selling with Pyrolist
Procedure for Selling
Create an account
Create your listing
Manage your listing
Find a buyer
Wrap up with your buyer
1. Create an account
Before you start selling, you'll need a Pyrolist account. If you don't already have one, you'll need to subscribe.
You must be a business for selling. The person responsible for using Pyrolist in your business must be 18 years or older.
Click on Create an account on the upper right of the page and follow the steps. It is straightforward.
2. Create your listing
You must be a business for selling.
Follow the steps, it is easy.
Adding a post for a product or a service
After logging in,
- Select the ad a listing button at the top right of the Pyrolist screen.
- Fill up the information and click Next
- Select a category that is most appropriate for your post. You can also choose a subcategory.
- Add a title. The title must be short but contains one specific information to help the buyers to find your specific product.
- Be careful on the weight or the volume, you have to choose one or the other, the most appropriate.
- You must describe your product as succinct, but as complete as possible. Give the value of most important properties for its application, it could be pH, granule size, specific surface, energy content, density, porosity, viscosity, and so on.
- You can add as many as 5 images of your product. Putting a photo of the package is not necessary the best, you may want to add photos of the product itself.
- Then, click next step. You will be directed to a place where you can add details on your post including price, quantity and location.
- The price of your product or service must be in USD only. Therefore, be very careful when writing your pricing. As Pyrolist grows, we may be able to offer more currencies, but only USD is used for now.
- The language used on Pyrolist is English. As Pyrolist grows, we may be able to offer more languages, but only English is used for now.
- If you choose one of the offline payment methods, you have to take agreement with the seller. Pyrolist does not contribute to help you with this type of payment, and can not refund you in case of problems.
- You can choose to feature your listing either for products or services. You click your feature and the feature fee will be added to the standard post fee.
- Once you’re done filling up the information, click on Post or save a draft at the bottom.
- Your product post will remain online for 6 months while your service will remain online for 2 months after which you will need to renew your post.
Clearly indicate your price. For products, all prices should be FOB unless clearly written and always in USD. For services, it is important to explain the pricing in the description (e.g. per hours, lmup sum).
It is important to indicate if the product is for sale as a complete lot, or if the client can purchase any volume he wants.
When you find a buyer, it is important to clearly indicate handling, shipping, customs and other fees whenever you know them. The buyer may have to pay customs fees and other fees when receiving the products.
The members must pay ad, post and membership through Paypal to Pyrolist.
Pyrolist provides no payment services for buying and selling. You have to take asgreement for payment system to your buyer or seller. Additional costs such as custom, handling, shipping and so on, may be paid through an offline method such as checks, or online method such as direct transfer.
Rules and policies for listing products and services on Pyrolist
You must be 18 or older to use this website for selling and buying. The terms and conditions are listed in a separate file.
If you’re a physical person, you can buy, but you can not sell. Only companies, industries, non-profit organisations, government bodies, institutions – in other words, non-physical person – can sell on this website.
When you sell on Pyrolist, you must follow certain rules. These rules are in place to help make Pyrolist a safer place for everyone.
We invite you to read them such as policies, terms and conditions, before using our services.
Before you list an item, you should carefully review and understand these rules because we hold all our sellers responsible for following them. If you don't, you could be subject to a range of actions, including limits on your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
Content you post must be related to the pyrolysis industry (or torrefaction and gaseification).
Content you post using our service must be content you own or have the right to use. That includes anything you post using our service (like usernames, shop names, profile pictures, photos, descriptions, reviews, comments, etc.).
- You are solely responsible for your content. You must represent that you have all necessary rights to your content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- By posting your content, you grant Pyrolist a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of your content to provide the service and to promote Pyrolist, or the Service in general, in any format and through any channels, including any Pyrolist Service or third-party website or advertising medium.
- There are certain types of content we don’t want posted on Pyrolist (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of our prohibited Items policy, or any part of our terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false, misleading or uses the service in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
- You will post in the appropriate category or area, and will not do any of the following things:
- Violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- Be false or misleading;
- Infringe any third-party right;
- Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Pyrolist or the interests or property of Pyrolist users;
- Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Pyrolist;
- Copy, modify or distribute any other person's content;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Pyrolist and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Pyrolist.
The following items are strictly prohibited from Pyrolist.
- Animal and wildlife products
- Any items encouraging illegal activities
- Cars, trucks, and other vehicles (except loaders or so to manage the feedstocks and transport)
- Cell phones
- Charity fund raising
- Credit cards
- Currency and stamps
- Electronic equipment
- Embargo goods
- Event tickets
- Gift cards
- Government documents
- Human remains or parts
- Lottery tickets
- Mailing list and personal information
- Media or services
- Police related items
- Real estate
- Recalled items, slot machines
- Sex related products
- Weapons and knives
- Your content posted by a third party. Pyrolist has great respect for intellectual property rights and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Service. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to the Service without your permission and you want it removed, please notify Help.
- Your content is damaging to a third party. If your content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. We will notify you if that happens.
- Abusing Pyrolist Services. Please tell us about any problems or offensive content so that, together, we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Pyrolist if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off Pyrolist or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring Pyrolist or for unauthorized or unlawful content on Pyrolist or use of Pyrolist by users.
3. Manage your listing
You can easily manage your listing through your account.
Just click on your listing and you can remove and modify your post any time. It is as easy as posting.
Don’t forget to save your changes!
We recommend that you do not change your price on a post. You better remove the post and publish a new post. Be careful if you change your price, you still have to honour the price that was advertised at the moment a client contacted you.
You can answer to your potential buyers directly through your account as well.
Posts are non-refundable even if you withdraw them before the end.
Fees and Services
The cost of Pyrolist Services is very competitive.
Membership is 250 USD / yr. Most of membership fees for other transactional sites are 5 times more expensive.
Pyrolist charges a fix price for each post. It does not charge any fees on transactions.
If you use Pyrolist does not offer payment system to your seller yet. To pay your seller, then Paypal will take its fees directly during your transaction. (about 2.9% in Canada, 3.7% in the USA, 3.9% elsewhere and subject to changes). You may find their fees on the Paypal website. Pyrolist does not take Paypal fees.
If you use promotional services, you must pay additional fees for your post depending upon your selected promotion, such as bringing your post to the top of the list or putting it as a star. You will be able to review and accept these fees by clicking on the appropriate button.
Posts for products are $100/3 months other than technologies, transport, storage and packaging equipment that are $300/3 months.
Posts for services cost 300 USD / 3 months. You will find fees for professional services in websites of other types of industries are twice as high.
Pyrolist charges 300 USD (top ad) or 200 USD (bottom ad) / month for advertisement that target all of our members.
All the posting and ad fees are paid through Paypal to Pyrolist. They are non-refundable.
We may change the fees from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the website.
- We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
- Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they're due.
- If you don't, we may limit your ability to use Pyrolist.
- If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms (for accounts over 180 days past due, you give us permission to instruct PayPal to deduct the amount owed from your PayPal account balance).
- Canadian taxes associated with our Services will be collected when applicable, following local Canadian laws.
- You agree to provide accurate address information necessary for Pyrolist to comply with its obligations under applicable law. To the extent that such information is not provided, Pyrolist will in its discretion determine and collect appropriate taxes.
- You are solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on Pyrolist in your country.
4. Find a buyer
Your post will highly influence your ability to find a buyer. When a buyer contacts you, you must respond as soon as possible and as accurately as possible; to the best of your knowledge. You cannot change prices even if buyers try to bargain. You have to respect your post and advertisement.
Don’t forget to discuss with your buyer about additional fees such as customs, handling, shipping, taxes and other possible fees. It must be clarified between you.
Pyrolist does not charge fees on these types of additional fees. They do not go through the Pyrolist website. This must be clear if the buyer has to pay customs, transportation and other fees upon recipe.
If you don’t know how to do it, for exports for example, look at our toolbox documents. It may help. We included information on transportation, packaging, customs and more on the Pyrolist website. If you don’t find what you need, you can contact us and we may be able to put you in contact with specialists. As we are a Canadian company, it is easier for us to help you for questions relatives to North America now, as we will become better over time for other parts of the word.
5. Wrap up with your buyer
It is important to ensure that all aspects of the transaction are clear, understood and agreed by both you and the buyer before sending the products.
For example, not only fees related to handling, shipping, customs, and taxes must be discussed but also the quality of the product, transportation method and packaging. The exact shipping address must also be discussed and written down. Look at documents in the toolbox for direction regarding discussion points.
If the buyer wants a large volume, or the buyers wants a long-term agreement, then you can contact us. Pyrolist may be able to help you go through technical details on the agreement between you and your buyer.
6. Buying through Pyrolist
Find the product you need!
Buying through Pyrolist at a specific price
To buy a product, you have to
- Be 18 or older.
- Be a physical or a non-physical person.
- Open an account if you do not already have one.
- Browse the Buy section by category and/or by keywords.
- Once you find the product you want, you must click on it to put it in your cart. You must select how many units you want. For example, you buy a biochar at 500 USD / metric ton, you need to indicate how many tons.
- You can buy the products of your choice directly on the Pyrolist website by adding it to your cart. You can keep products in your cart as long as you want.
- Once you have selected the items, you pay to your client directly through online system or an offline method. You have to discuss with the other party and agree on the method.
- We do not offer payment methods for now.
- You can contact and discuss with the seller directly through Pyrolist before you buy because there may be additional fees. You may also want to agree on transport, packaging and quality of the product.
- Additional fees such as handling, shipping, customs, taxes, transport. You must ask questions about taxes, handling, shipping, customs and other fees that may have to be added to the price you see on the post. Be sure you understand how it is going to work for the shipment and additional costs and how you will have to pay for them. Pyrolist does not provide estimates of these fees and can’t support you with estimates. You can look on the Pyrolist website to find a list of subjects to be discussed with the seller.
- Your purchase is non refundable.
- Favourites. You can click on the product star to select it as a Favourite. In your account, you can see your favourites. They will remain there as long as the product is on the website. You can remove them whenever you want.
- Resolving issue with a seller. If you’re having an issue with a seller, try to contact him directly to try and resolve your problem. However, if you can’t work things out, we can try to help.
Guidelines for shipping and handling
Sellers are responsible for sourcing, fulfilling and shipping products to customers. Pyrolist does not pack nor deliver not track packages.
All pricing on Pyrolist should be FOB, which excludes handling, shipping, customs, clearance, taxes, and other such fees.
The seller must clearly indicate to the buyer how much it will cost for all these fees prior to shipping and take agreement with the buyer on the payment mode (e.g. upon recipe).
Once the package is shipped, the seller must indicate to the buyer a tracking number and an estimated time for delivery.
The following guidelines apply:
- Seller must respect agreement with the buyer on quality (properties) of the product.
- Seller must ensure products are packaged for safe transit and that goods arrive in excellent condition.
- Seller must provide accurate shipping estimates (including all other fees) on a per-product basis, if applicable.
- Seller must print and include the Pyrolist sell slip in each product shipment.
- Seller must not include any promotional materials with the package.
- Seller must provide legitimate tracking information to the buyer.
- Seller must included MSDS information on the product in the package.
- Seller must respect rules and regulation for transport and packaging in the country of production and delivery.
7. Advertising on Pyrolist
Access new markets! Stand out from the competition! Reach the globe!
Pyrolist will be happy to advertise your product or your company’s services.
- You can advertise your product or your company for a specific duration and date.
- The advertisement is located in 2 spaces, at the upper or lower part of Pyrolist home page.
- You choose the top or bottom ad space when you post your ad.
- Your advertisement should be simple, small and to the point so it will fit in the provided space.
- The price depends upon your selection between Top and Bottom Ad. The price is for 1 month (30 days).
- It costs 300 USD / month for an advertisement at the top and 200 USD for an ad at the bottom.
- It is non-refundable
- You can not put your ad yourself on the site, You have to contact the support service at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will put it for you.
The size of the upper strip (Top Ad) is 960 pixels wide x 180 pixels high and the ad is displayed for several seconds. It switches to another ad after several seconds. The duration depends upon the number of ads.
- This popular section will display one Top Ad at a time. If there are several ads purchased in that category, they will then rotate evenly each time the page is loaded to ensure equal visibility.
- Your featured ad will rotate among the other Top Ads in the Top Ad section.
Because of their prominent position within the category, more people read and reply to these ads! Buying a Top Ad is the best way to help sell your item or your services!
The size of the lower strip (Botton Ad) is 960 pixels wide x 90 pixels high and the ad is displayed for several seconds.
- The ad to another one changes after several seconds. The time its stays on display depends on how many advertisements there are.
- The same rules apply for the Bottom Ad as for the Top Ad.
- Be careful on the size of your feature format before downloading, as you want to avoid surprises on the appearance of your ad.